ACS is looking for a General Construction Project Engineer to join our team. With 25 years of experience, ACS specializes in the engineering, integration and construction of technically complex R&D and production equipment, controls, and facilities. With a positive, collaborative company culture, we are proud to have been named a “Top Workplace” of 2019.
The General Construction Project Engineer will provide coordination of multiple aspects of construction management for projects with ongoing direction and supervision from the Project Manager.
Essential job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in project management of construction projects. This includes but is not limited to:
- Development of project schedule
- Development of budget estimate, including budget estimate updates
- Development of bidding phase Scope of Work documents
- Tabulation of bid results in comparison to estimated budget
- Tracking of shop drawing submittal and review
- Management of Requests For Information (RFI) and responses
- Leading design and construction coordination meetings
- Creation and distribution of meeting notes
- Creation of Construction Bulletins (CB), including review of CB responses
- Review and execution of Subcontractor Change Order Requests
- Work with teams of engineers of varied disciplines to provide excellent client service from the design concept stage through commissioning and job closeout.
- Work with project scheduling (Microsoft Project) and project cost estimating (Microsoft Excel) software.
- Work with clients to establish general construction design criteria for engineering design firms and design/build contractors.
- Effectively review and coordinate architectural and engineering drawings and specifications.
- Demonstrate flexibility in responding to unexpected demands due to changes in project scope or deadline. Use strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks to effectively handle deadline pressures without creating workflow problems for others.
- Maintain quality subcontractor and vendor relationships.
- Work on multiple projects in a given time period, depending upon project size and deadline.
Basic requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Engineering, Structural Engineering, or Civil Engineering. Experience and/or course work in mechanical systems a bonus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in construction industry.
- Experience in leading design teams and organizing design meetings, owner review meetings, preparing bid documents and analyzing bid results.
- Proficient in MS-Project and able to work with limited supervision.
- Basic understanding of construction project management software.
- Experience providing efficient, and effective client service, including balancing multiple projects and responding to changes in deadline, scope and design.
- Demonstrates strong technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel to customer facilities with several overnight stays for equipment installation supervision and commissioning.
- Must have the following personal skills and characteristics: Problem solving skills, strong organizational and time management skills, willingness to accept responsibility, team player, takes initiative to improve personal skills, ability to work effectively with all internal and external levels and groups.
Along with an amazing company culture - ACS offers comprehensive health care benefits, a 401(k) employer match program, a bonus incentive program, paid time off and summer hours.
ACS specializes in the engineering, integration and construction of technically complex R&D and production equipment, controls, and facilities. Working across multiple industries and markets, including automotive, aerospace, energy, chemical, laboratories and manufacturing, ACS offers a unique mix of experience in control systems, custom machines, testing solutions, automation, process and discrete production systems as well as turnkey integrated buildings. ACS is based in Middleton, Wisconsin, with a regional office in Troy, Michigan, and serves customers across North America and around the world.
For a full overview of our organization, visit our website at: www.acscm.com
Please apply through our website at: https://careers-acs.icims.com