ACS is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer – Machine Design interested in a rewarding career in a fast-paced environment. This individual will ensure the client’s needs for custom systems and equipment are met or exceeded by leading the design process from concept to manufacturing and factory acceptance testing. This is accomplished through understanding of the client’s budget, schedule and design criteria, as well as thorough engineering analysis and proper execution of the design process.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Leads multi-system integrated equipment projects from concept to build
- Creates and executes equipment project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Leader on the design review board providing technical oversight for all design reviews. Involved in design review of all designs in all stages of design process; provide technical mentoring and assistance to group members as needed.
- Performs detailed engineering functions including: engineering calculations, develops flow diagrams and P&ID’s, works with others to use ProE / SolidWorks to develop 3D models, selects and purchases devices, and works with ACS Manufacturing Facility to design for manufacturability.
- Oversees and performs Factory Acceptance Testing processes and documentation for main types of systems and equipment at ACS Manufacturing Facility as required to ensure equipment is functioning to client’s specifications before shipment.
- Travels to client location to oversee installation and commissioning of equipment.
Basic requirements includes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Engineering Degree.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant engineering experience or demonstrated excellence in Mechanical Engineering position.
- Experience involving industrial, commercial, automated or controls integrated systems with equipment design. Experience in a manufacturing or production assembly environment with maintenance, troubleshooting, new equipment installation / launch and commissioning are highly desired.
- Excellent analytical engineering skills, technical breadth and practical experience in the following areas: Mechanical Vibrations and Dynamics, FEA, Machine Design, Statics, Hydraulics, Fluid Dynamics, Heat Transfer, Design for Assembly, Design or Manufacturing and Pneumatics Systems.
- Ability to interpret, understand, and communicate P&ID’s (Process and Instrumentation Diagrams).
- Fluent in 3D modeling software as a design tool, taking designs from concept to manufacturing drawings.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and time management skills.
- Demonstrates excellent technical writing and oral communication skills.
ACS offers competitive wages and annual bonuses; excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days.
ACS is an engineering and construction management firm with a focus on technically complex equipment and facilities for engine and vehicle research and development; medical, science, and technology laboratories; and manufacturing facilities. We specialize in the integration of test systems and equipment. ACS provides engineering, equipment, and construction solutions to deliver complex test facilities, fully integrated with the building utility systems. ACS is headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin and also Troy, MI. ACS Manufacturing is located in Wisconsin.
For a full overview of our organization, visit our website at: http://www.acscm.com
Please apply through our website at: https://careers-acs.icims.com