We seek a Machine Design Engineering Intern interested in a rewarding career in fast-paced, team environment. The individual will receive training and on-the-job experience related to the coordination of multiple aspects of machine design and engineering for projects.
Essential job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- AutoCAD or ProE work as assigned, which may include:
- Producing detailed CAD drawings/models from hand-sketched and redlined drawings for manufacturing and installation.
- Review CAD work for completeness and accuracy, making appropriate effort to return complete and correct drawings to Project Manager or Engineer.
- Printing and plotting of drawings.
- Engineer components or systems as assigned by, and under the supervision of, the Manager of the Machine Design Group.
- Perform necessary engineering calculations. May include but not be limited to Thermodynamics, Stress Analysis, and Fluid Dynamics.
- Provides engineering-related answers and follow-through for questions arising during manufacturing and installation processes.
- Assists in manufacturing of equipment as requested, some examples of potential tasks include:
- Deburring parts and using a hand grinder.
- Cutting parts on a band saw.
- Assist welders by holding and maneuvering parts during welding process.
- Maintain a high level of machine and shop safety.
- Assist Project Engineer in planning equipment installation and commissioning requirements
- Travel to client location to assist in installation and commissioning of equipment.
- Interact with coworkers and clients in a professional and positive manner.
- Work on multiple projects in a given time period, depending upon project size and deadline.
- Use strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks to effectively handle deadline pressures without creating workflow problems for others.
Basic requirements include:
- Pursuing four-year degree in Engineering or Design at an accredited college or university.
- Completed 3 years of coursework or have a junior standing.
- Working knowledge and/or willingness to learn 2D and 3D CAD software.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn GD&T and ANSI industry standards.
- Strong problem solving skills, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to work well in project team environment, including: team player, takes initiative to improve personal and interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with all internal and external levels and groups.
- Ability to travel to customer facilities for client meetings, equipment installation, and commissioning.
ACS is an engineering and construction management firm with a focus on technically complex equipment and facilities for engine and vehicle research and development; medical, science, and technology laboratories; and manufacturing facilities. We specialize in the integration of test systems and equipment. ACS provides engineering, equipment, and construction solutions to deliver complex test facilities, fully integrated with the building utility systems. ACS is headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin with offices in Greenville, SC; Troy, MI; and Leicester, UK. ACS Manufacturing is located in Wisconsin.
For a full overview of our organization, visit our website at: http://www.acscm.com
Please apply through our website at: http://www.acscm.com/Careers/AvailablePositions.aspx