ACS is growing and is looking to add an experienced and professional Software Engineering Manager / LabVIEW Architect to join our Troy, MI office. The purpose of this role is to develop and set up, manage and continually improve a Software Development group within ACS. Primary responsibilities will be to, serve the needs of internal and external customers requesting assistance with design, development, and implementation of data acquisition, data management, storage, and interface hardware and software solutions as required to support their product development and testing processes. This candidate will also develop ACS’s business offering for product development and test data acquisition and management solutions and market to potential customers.
Essential job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design, develop and implement process and data integration, migration and management systems for ACS customers.
- Work with customers and vendors to specify, procure, and manage the design/delivery of data acquisition and data management systems.
- Manage vendors and sub-contractors during installation and commissioning phases of software implementation projects.
- Develop proposals for new business by supplying and researching cost data and technical information.
- Support software development for specific external client projects through planning, design, programming, implementation, and technical support.
- Integrate measurement systems, data logging and analysis packages.
- Participate in recruiting, interviewing, and selection of additional group members.
- Mentor individual group members on tasks traditionally performed by the group as well as seek, learn, and mentor group members on new group-related technology that can benefit our clients.
- Additional duties as assigned
Basic requirements include:
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Certified LabVIEW Architect with a minimum of 8 years’ experience is required
- Proven ability to develop and deploy both PC based data acquisition and control solutions as well as embedded and real-time control solutions.
- Experience with vehicle bus communication (ARINC & CAN) and familiarity with NI platforms.
- Database application development and deployment, preferably in a web environment.
Experience in the following technologies is a plus:
- MS Visual Studio 2005 or greater
- C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET
- Web based and Native application development.
- MS SQL Server 2005 or greater
- Database design
- T-SQL programming
- Experience in preparing drawings using AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical software is a plus
- MS Office integration techniques.
- Experience with sensors, and instrumentation to automate is required. Experience with PLC and HMI is a plus.
- Proven record of excellent client service, including balancing multiple internal/external projects and responding to changes in deadline, scope and design.
- Proven ability to mentor and train other group members.
- Demonstrates excellent technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel to customer facilities (up to 25%) to help support business development and to manage FAT and customer start-up and training.
- Must have the following personal skills and characteristics: Problem solving skills, strong organizational and time management skills, team player, takes initiative to improve personal skills, strong interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with all internal and external levels and groups
If an exciting career opportunity with a growing, entrepreneurial company appeals to you, please apply immediately. We offer an excellent salary, bonus and benefits package. For a full overview of our organization, visit our website at: http://www.acscm.com
ACS is an engineering and construction management firm with a focus on technically complex equipment and facilities for engine and vehicle research and development; medical, science, and technology laboratories; and manufacturing facilities. We specialize in the integration of test systems and equipment. ACS provides engineering, equipment, and construction solutions to deliver complex test facilities, fully integrated with the building utility systems. ACS is headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin which includes a manufacturing facility. We also have a satellite office in Troy, MI.
For a full overview of our organization, visit our website at: http://www.acscm.com
Please apply through our website at: https://careers-acs.icims.com