Our business is growing, and we have an excellent opportunity for a Pre-Construction Estimator to join our team in Middleton, Wisconsin or Troy, Michigan. This individual will have the opportunity to expand and enhance their career in pre-construction via their involvement with industrial, science and technology and commercial projects. The ideal candidate has estimating experience with both general construction trades as well as Mechanical and Electrical systems; be organized, self-motivated and driven.
- Prepare estimates for all stages of design: Conceptual, Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents.
- Prepare quantity takeoffs for all construction trades.
- Assemble general conditions estimates for review with the Senior Estimator and or Project Manager.
- Collaborate with the ACS internal team to assemble costs as it relates to self-perform work, fabricated equipment and project management labor.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a historical cost database of projects by market, as well as more detailed cost data for equipment pricing, unit pricing, wage rates and cost metrics.
- Assist in the management of revisions and updates to the existing cost estimating template(s).
- Attend on-site pre-bid meetings, to gain knowledge of clients expectations, specific projects requirements, on-site conditions, etc.
- Present and explain project estimates to the Senior Estimator, Project Manager and client.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, depending upon project size and deadline.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or related area with relevant experience in estimating from conceptual and schematic designs is preferred.
- 5 years of relevant conceptual estimating experience preferred.
- Ability to read and understand construction specifications and drawings.
- Experience in developing and/or utilizing a historical cost database, and experience in performing comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects.
- Ability to enter into a combination of spreadsheet and database software programs and create useful information from raw data submitted by others on the team.
- Must be able to coordinate team activities, conduct project cost review meetings, and interface with executive management.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving skills, strong organizational and time management skills, willingness and ability to accept responsibility, work as a team player, and take initiative to improve personal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work effectively with all internal and external levels and groups.
- Self-motivated and self-directed individual with the ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrate flexibility in responding to unexpected demands due to changes in project scope or deadline.
- Ability to travel to occasional meetings outside of the office to gain experience working with clients.
- Ability to work the hours required to finish estimating deadlines.
- Proficiency with the following software:
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- On-Center On-Screen Takeoff
- Familiarity with either of the following software packages is beneficial:
- Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate (Timberline)
- RIB / MC2
ACS offers competitive wages and annual bonuses; excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days.
ACS is an engineering and construction management firm with a focus on technically complex projects including research and development; medical, science, technology laboratories; and manufacturing facilities. We specialize in the integration of test systems and equipment. ACS is headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin with a satellite office located in Troy, MI.
For a full overview of our organization, visit our website at: www.acscm.com
Please apply through our website at: https://careers-acs.icims.com