ACS is looking for a qualified Mechanical Designer to join our team in Middleton, Wisconsin. This individual will be responsible for supporting the design process by developing 3D models that will be used to develop 2D engineering drawing sets.
Essential job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs design work, from concept to manufacturing drawings within budget and on schedule.
- Generates ideas and solutions collaboratively with the project engineer and other team members.
- Creates overall lay-out models, assemblies, and detailed component level designs.
- Follows and applies ACS CAD Standards and Machine Design Group processes to insure design quality and drawings are in adherence to our standards.
- Creates and oversees detailed CREO models and CAD drawings required for equipment manufacturing and installation.
- Reviews own CAD work for completeness and accuracy, making every effort to deliver complete and correct drawings to Project Manager or Engineer.
- Works at the ACS Manufacturing Facility as needed to facilitate project work by answering technical questions and providing timely solutions to issues and roadblocks that may occur.
- Participates in design reviews both internal with peers and management and external with clients.
- Works on multiple projects in a given time period, depending upon project size and deadline.
- Demonstrates flexibility in responding to unexpected demands due to changes in project scope or deadline.
- Understanding of welding and machining best practices, and ability to convey requirements to fabrication personnel through accurate drawing documentation.
- Uses 3D scanner to scan job sites and registers data to create full scan data files to use in design process for additions or retrofits
- Technical or Associate Degree in Mechanical Design from an accredited technical institution or college; or commensurate experience.
- Relevant machine design work experience, involvement and/or internship.
- Proficiency in CREO preferred, experience with SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and Revit based programs is a plus.
- Capability and interest to be a mechanical designer
- Ability to operate a laser scanner is a plus.
- Ability to create architectural drawing sets is a plus.
- Proficiency in Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) and ANSI industry standards.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work well in project team environment, including: willingness to accept responsibility, team player, takes initiative to improve personal and interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with all internal and external levels and groups.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel to customer facilities for client meetings, equipment installation, and commissioning and 3D scanning.
ACS offers competitive wages and annual bonuses; excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days.
ACS is an engineering and construction management firm with a focus on technically complex equipment and facilities for engine and vehicle research and development; medical, science, and technology laboratories; and manufacturing facilities. We specialize in the integration of test systems and equipment. ACS provides engineering, equipment, and construction solutions to deliver complex test facilities, fully integrated with the building utility systems. ACS is headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin which includes our manufacturing facility. We also have a satellite office in Troy, MI.
For a full overview of our organization, visit our website at: http://www.acscm.com
Please apply through our website at: https://careers-acs.icims.com