ACS is seeking a Site Superintendent with a background in industrial mechanical or electrical systems to manage the construction activities at our projects located throughout the greater Detroit, Michigan metro area. The Site Superintendent will be ACS’ point of contact at the project site, and be responsible for the successful execution of projects, including close coordination with the customer and the ACS project team.
Essential job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Make on-site observations of the installed work comparing against the construction drawings and specifications. Engage ACS project team where necessary to address issues to meet the requirements.
- Maintain daily reports, documenting key information such as work being performed, crew sizes, weather conditions, etc.
- Promotes job site safety, require safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Lead standing subcontractor and vendor team meetings to review schedule, progress of work, discuss challenges, and corrective measures to meet timeline commitments.
- Facilitate timely communication between the Owner, Subcontractors, ACS Project Manager and other relevant members of the project team. Communication includes advising team members as to services needed during construction.
- Maintain key field documentation such as Addendums, Construction Bulletins, RFI’s, Submittals, as-built drawings, and Extra Work Order (EWO) logs.
- Lead the execution of the ACS Quality Control Plan – including system walk-downs with the ACS project team, facilitate pressure testing and cleaning and flushing process, make copies and file welding certificates, and assist ACS project team members with equipment startup coordination.
- Develop a Site Logistics Plan, and manage the storage and delivery of equipment and materials at site in accordance with the customer’s on-going operations.
- Maintain documentation of any directive, agreement, or negotiation. If any items are discussed verbally, written confirmation must follow.
Basic requirements include:
- Minimum high school graduate; additional educational background a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of on-site practical experience in at least one of the following areas: Mechanical, Electrical, and Controls Experience must include ability to read drawings, manage subcontractors’ work, and effectively manage project schedules and deadlines.
- Strong ability of safety violation prevention and detection. Highly effective in communication and documentation of safe work practices.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to travel and be assigned to client locations for extended periods while projects are in progress is a requirement of this position.
- Must have proficient problem solving skills, strong organizational and time management skills, willingness to accept responsibility, be a team player, and work effectively with all internal and external customers and groups.
- Provide prompt and expeditious service regarding matters of interpretation, decision, construction bulletins, payment request, and other matters that contribute to a smooth work flow.
ACS offers competitive wages and annual bonuses; excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days.
ACS specializes in the comprehensive design, construction management, integration, and commissioning of development and production test facilities for engine, vehicle and components manufacturers. ACS is headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin with another office in Troy, MI. ACS Manufacturing is located in Wisconsin.
For a full overview of our organization, visit our website at: http://www.acscm.com
Please apply through our website at: https://careers-acs.icims.com