ACS is seeking an NVH (Noise, Vibration & Harshness) Intern interested in a rewarding career in a fast-paced, team environment. The individual will work with teams of engineers of varied disciplines to provide assistance with test equipment integration, specification, procurement, installation, and/or commissioning. This intern is located in our headquartered office in Middleton, WI.
Essential job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Understanding of acoustic and vibration testing standards is preferred.
- Acoustic or vibration testing and analysis knowledge.
- Ability to review layout drawings and facility designs and assess areas of acoustic and vibration concern.
- Ability to work with facility Designers and Test Equipment vendors to ensure requirements will be met by both facility and equipment design of a test facility project.
- Ability to work with clients and vendors to specify, procure, and manage the design/delivery of major test equipment, including instrumentation, dynamometers, data acquisition systems, and emissions equipment
- Ability to work with mechanical, controls, and fabrication groups to design and build custom hardware and components required to support testing projects/processe
- Ability to schedule and manage vendors and sub-contractors during installation and commissioning phases of test facility projects.
Basic requirements include:
- Third or Fourth year students in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. First year Masters students preferred.
- Must have the following personal skills and characteristics: Problem solving skills and ability to work effectively with all internal and external levels and groups.
- Must be able to travel to customer facilities for client meetings, equipment installation supervision, and commissioning oversight.
ACS is an engineering and construction management firm with a focus on technically complex equipment and facilities for engine and vehicle research and development; medical, science, and technology laboratories; and manufacturing facilities. We specialize in the integration of test systems and equipment. ACS provides engineering, equipment, and construction solutions to deliver complex test facilities, fully integrated with the building utility systems. ACS is headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin which includes a manufacturing facility. We also have an office in Troy, MI.
For a full overview of our organization, visit our website at: www.acscm.com
Please apply through our website at: https://careers-acs.icims.com