ACS is seeking a Lead Mechanical Engineer – Machine Automation to join our headquartered office in Middleton, WI. This individual will ensure the client’s needs for custom Industrial automation are met or exceeded by leading the design process from concept to manufacturing and factory acceptance testing. This is accomplished through understanding of the client’s budget, schedule and design criteria, as well as thorough engineering analysis and proper execution of the design process.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Leads multi-system integrated equipment projects from concept to build
- Creates and executes equipment project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Involved in design reviews in all stages of design process; provide technical mentoring and assistance to group members as needed.
- Performs detailed engineering functions including: engineering calculations, create hardware schematics, works with others to use CREO / SolidWorks to develop 3D models, selects and purchases devices, and works with ACS Manufacturing Facility to design for manufacturability.
- Oversees and performs Factory Acceptance Testing processes and documentation for main types of systems and equipment at ACS Manufacturing Facility as required to ensure equipment is functioning to client’s specifications before shipment.
- Travels to client location to oversee installation and commissioning of equipment.
Basic requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Engineering Degree.
- Experience designing complex and/or precision mechanical systems such as: Automated assembly machines, fixtures and robotic systems is required
- Working knowledge of industrial control systems: PLC’s, analog/digital sensors, safety systems, motors and drives
- System and process design experience - Machine concept layout, robot and/or fixed automation utilization planning.
- Knowledge of production equipment qualification standards (GR&R’s, Capability Studies)
- Working knowledge of engineering calculations including but not limited to: kinematics, power, torque, structural, cylinders, cams, air and oil flow/pressure calculations, machine cycle time etc.
- Effective problem solving, judgment, and independent thinking skills for troubleshooting, repair, and recognition of acceptable or unacceptable product quality.
- Demonstrates excellent technical writing and oral communication skills.
ACS offers competitive wages and annual bonuses; excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days.
ACS is an engineering and construction management firm with a focus on technically complex equipment and facilities for engine and vehicle research and development; medical, science, and technology laboratories; and manufacturing facilities. We specialize in the integration of test systems and equipment. ACS provides engineering, equipment, and construction solutions to deliver complex test facilities, fully integrated with the building utility systems. ACS is headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin with offices in Greenville, SC and Troy, MI. ACS Manufacturing is located in Wisconsin.
For a full overview of our organization, visit our website at: http://www.acscm.com
Please apply through our website at: https://careers-acs.icims.com