ACS is seeking an Instrumentation & Controls Engineer. This individual will work within a group of controls engineers to fulfill the instrumentation and controls responsibilities for a variety of process and industrial projects.
- Develop and/or review control system architecture, flow diagrams, process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), control sequences, and design specifications.
- Analyze risks and hazards, and conducting risk analyses
- Create responsibility matrices, instrument indexes, bills of material (BOMs) and other project tools.
- Develop and/or review wiring schematics and control panel layout drawings.
- Program and integrate Human-Machine Interfaces (HMIs) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) including offerings from Allen Bradley, Siemens, GE, Wago, etc.
- Design, set up, and perform system functionality tests on equipment in our manufacturing facility and at customer sites.
- Develop wire pull schedules and scope of work documents for contractors to use in bidding and construction.
- Perform onsite startup and validation of equipment
- I/O checkout and troubleshooting, calibrate instrumentation and tune PID loops.
- Validate programming to confirm systems operate per control sequences
Basic requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Must have experience in preparing drawings using AutoCAD electrical.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the design/build/programming of PLC systems with field experience, from design to start-up.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience programming in ladder logic
- Experience involving engine test cell instrumentation & control design, integration, troubleshooting and commissioning.
- Ability to interpret and create Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Experience providing efficient, and effective client service, including balancing multiple projects and responding to changes in deadline, scope and design.
- Demonstrates strong technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel to customer facilities with several overnight stays (25-40%), nationally for design meetings, equipment installation supervision and commissioning.
- Must have the following personal skills and characteristics: Problem solving skills, strong organizational and time management skills, team player, takes initiative to improve personal skills, strong interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with all internal and external levels and groups.
ACS offers competitive wages and annual bonuses; excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days.
ACS is an engineering and construction management firm with a focus on technically complex equipment and facilities for engine and vehicle research and development; medical, science, and technology laboratories; and manufacturing facilities. We specialize in the integration of test systems and equipment. ACS provides engineering, equipment, and construction solutions to deliver complex test facilities, fully integrated with the building utility systems. ACS is headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin with offices in Greenville, SC; and Troy, MI. ACS Manufacturing is located in Wisconsin.
For a full overview of our organization, visit our website at: http://www.acscm.com
Please apply through our website at: https://careers-acs.icims.com