ACS is currently looking for a Pre-Construction Estimator to join our team in Middleton, Wisconsin. This individual will have the opportunity to expand and enhance their career in pre-construction via their involvement with complex industrial, engine and vehicle testing and commercial projects. This position requires 3 to 5 years of estimating experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field.
- Prepare accurate estimates with the necessary level of detail for all stages of design: Conceptual, Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents.
- Prepare quantity takeoffs and estimated costs of materials, labor and use of equipment for all construction trades.
- Assemble general conditions estimates for review with the Senior Estimator and or Project Manager.
- Effectively communicate with other disciplines within the organization as it relates to self-perform work, fabricated equipment and project management labor.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a historical cost databases of equipment pricing, unit pricing, wage rates and cost metrics, to be used as reference for future projects.
- Assist in the management of revisions and updates to the existing cost estimating template(s).
- Effectively communicate and build relationships with both internal and external customers, design teams, subcontractors and vendors.
- Occasionally attend on-site pre-bid meetings, to gain knowledge of clients expectations, specific projects requirements, on-site conditions, etc.
- Present and explain project estimates to the Senior Estimator and Project Manager.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, depending upon project size and deadline.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or related area with significant and relevant experience in estimating from conceptual and schematic designs.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant conceptual estimating experience required.
- Ability to read and understand construction specifications and drawings.
- Experience in developing and/or utilizing a historical cost database, and experience in performing comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects.
- Ability to enter into a combination of spreadsheet and database software programs and create useful information from raw data submitted by others on the team.
- Must be able to coordinate team activities, conduct project cost review meetings, and interface with executive management.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving skills, strong organizational and time management skills, willingness and ability to accept responsibility, work as a team player, and take initiative to improve personal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work effectively with all internal and external levels and groups.
- Self-motivated and self-directed individual with the ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrate flexibility in responding to unexpected demands due to changes in project scope or deadline.
- Ability to travel to occasional meetings outside of the office to gain experience working with clients.
- Ability to work the hours required to finish estimating deadlines.
- Proficiency with the following software:
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- On-Center On-Screen Takeoff
- Familiarity with either of the following software packages is beneficial:
- Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate (Timberline)
- RIB / MC2
ACS is an engineering and construction management firm with a focus on technically complex equipment and facilities for engine and vehicle research and development; medical, science, and technology laboratories; and manufacturing facilities. We specialize in the integration of test systems and equipment. ACS provides engineering, equipment, and construction solutions to deliver complex test facilities, fully integrated with the building utility systems. ACS is headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin which includes a manufacturing facility. Other offices are in Greenville, SC and Troy, MI.
For a full overview of our organization, visit our website at: www.acscm.com
Please apply through our website at: https://careers-acs.icims.com