ACS is seeking a General Construction Intern interested in a rewarding career in fast-paced, team environment. The individual will receive training and on-the-job experience related to the coordination of multiple aspects of construction management for projects. This internship is May, 2018 - August, 2018.
Essential job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Gain experience in working with project scheduling and project cost estimating software
- Gain experience while assisting in project management duties of construction projects. This includes but is not limited to:
- Development of budget estimate, including budget estimate updates
- Development of bidding phase Scope of Work documents
- Tabulation of bid results in comparison to estimated budget
- Tracking of shop drawing submittal and review
- Management of Requests For Information (RFI) and responses
- Creation and distribution of meeting notes
- Learn to work with teams of engineers of varied disciplines to provide excellent client service from the design concept stage through commissioning and job closeout
- Effectively review and coordinate architectural and engineering design documents
- Incorporate bid and project costs into project cost tracking software
- Update project Contact information into construction management software (Expedition)
- Learn to work with clients to establish general construction design criteria for engineering design firms and design/build contractors
- Visit clients’ sites to attend meetings, gain knowledge of project and client requirements, on-site conditions, etc.
- Learn to develop strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks to effectively handle deadline pressures without creating workflow problems for others
- Learn to maintain quality subcontractor and vendor relationships
- Work on multiple projects in a given time period, depending upon project size and deadline
- Other tasks as assigned
Basic requirements include:
- Third or Fourth year students in Construction Management or similar field of study in an accredited university or college.
- Experience working with and updating computer programs, databases, scheduling software, or similar experience.
- Some experience in the construction industry preferred, through summer internships, volunteer work, etc.
- Proven ability for excellent client service.
- Ability to travel to occasional meetings outside of the office to gain experience working with clients.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills.
ACS is an engineering and construction management firm with a focus on technically complex equipment and facilities for engine and vehicle research and development; medical, science, and technology laboratories; and manufacturing facilities. We specialize in the integration of test systems and equipment. ACS provides engineering, equipment, and construction solutions to deliver complex test facilities, fully integrated with the building utility systems. ACS is headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin which includes a manufacturing facility. Other offices are in Greenville, SC and Troy, MI.
For a full overview of our organization, visit our website at: www.acscm.com
Please apply through our website at: https://careers-acs.icims.com