ACS is a single-source provider of fully integrated facility, equipment, and controls solutions, serving a Fortune 500 client base around the world is seeking a Test Equipment Engineer with engine/vehicle testing and/or facilities experience and acoustics/vibration experience and is interested in a rewarding career in a fast-paced, team environment. This individual will provide assistance with test equipment integration, specification, procurement, installation, and/or commissioning. The individual will also serve the needs of clients or engineers requesting assistance with vibration/acoustics testing, analysis, design, and successful application of solutions. This position will be located at our office in Troy, Michigan.
Essential job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with clients and vendors to specify, procure, and manage the design/delivery of major test equipment, including instrumentation, dynamometers, and data acquisition systems.
- Schedule and manage vendors and sub-contractors during installation and commissioning phases of test facility projects.
- Develop schedules, lists, and other tools to communicate equipment details and installation requirements to other project staff and contractors.
- Obtain, review, and report on test equipment quotations, proposals, and technical submissions. Provide insight and recommendations of suppliers appropriate to fulfill specification requirements.
- Will work with owners and test cell operators to complete performance verification of test engine or vehicle test cells.
- Sound and vibration testing and analysis including spectral analysis, dynamic analysis, data acquisition, instrumentation, digital signal analysis, and/or structure borne noise mitigation.
- Structural vibration isolation and dampening analysis on facilities & equipment.
- Designing and successful implementation of acoustic and vibration mitigation solutions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with (automotive) product, system testing, or development.
- An understanding of engine subsystems and their interaction as it impacts engine performance and emissions.
- Understanding of acoustic and vibration testing standards is preferred.
- Ability to travel to customer facilities with several overnight stays (up to 30%), nationally and overseas, for design meetings, equipment installation supervision and commissioning.
- Experience providing efficient, and effective client service, including balancing multiple projects and responding to changes in deadline, scope and design.
- Demonstrates highly effective oral and written communication skills, ability to work as a committed team member. Must have the following personal skills and characteristics: Problem solving skills, strong organizational and time management skills, team player, takes initiative to improve personal skills, strong interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with all internal and external levels and groups.
ACS offers competitive wages and annual bonuses; excellent benefits including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days.
ACS is an engineering and construction management firm with a focus on technically complex equipment and facilities for engine and vehicle research and development; medical, science, and technology laboratories; and manufacturing facilities. We specialize in the integration of test systems and equipment. ACS provides engineering, equipment, and construction solutions to deliver complex test facilities, fully integrated with the building utility systems. ACS is headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin which includes a manufacturing facility. We are also located in Troy, MI.
For a full overview of our organization, visit our website at: http://www.acscm.com
Please apply through our website at: https://careers-acs.icims.com